After wearing the dress , the flowers die , the food you eat, and let the guests, the photographs are the only thing left to document their wedding day . Choosing your wedding photographer is one of the toughest decisions of the wedding, and you can not see the pictures you’re buying until it has taken the decision. This article will help you choose the best photographer to ensure you get the wedding pictures you want.
1. Price . Choosing a photographer based on price can not be the wisest decision . The price of a photographer not only reflects the quality of their work ( in general) , but also reflects the way in which photographer appreciates his own work. You may be able to find a wedding photographer ad for $ 2995 , but do you really think the photographer gives great value to the artistic quality ? Do you really think they are going to spend hours of sacrifice, selection , editing and retouching of images of the wedding? Chances are they will shoot and burn directly to a disc because, frankly , they are not getting paid enough. Do you feel that you will get beautiful photos of you and your spouse to have for the rest of his life – to show your children and grandchildren? As far as wedding photography goes, you get what you pay for.
Note : Just because you have a smaller budget does not mean you have to sacrifice your wedding photographer. Before you go asking her cousin ‘s boyfriend to shoot the wedding (because it has a good camera ) , you know , there are many new wedding photographers can be very talented , but do not have much experience of the wedding. This does not mean they are horrible photographers , it just means have not shot a lot of weddings . Because of this , you may be able to get lower prices , discounts sometimes called ” portfolio construction ” pricing or ” introductory ” etc. . It can be difficult to find these photographers as it can not be listed yet in the search engines because their sites are entirely new. Therefore, you will need to do some research .
2. Do some research : Ask friends and family for referrals. People who love their wedding photos loves to talk about your photographer ! Search the Internet . Go several pages back – not just look at the first page of search results. Review the list of professional organizations like the PPC – Professional Photographers of Canada and WPPI – Wedding and Portrait Photographers International .
3. Make a list : Once you’ve found 5-10 photographers you like, make a list. Go to the website of each photographer and review its portfolio. I can not express in words the photographs you see in the portfolio of the photographer are the same types of pictures you will have of your wedding. How to know if the photographer is good? Use the following guidelines :
Are the images too light ? Too dark ? If some images are too light and others too dark , or if it appears all over the place , which could indicate uneven quality .
How are the photographer’s Photoshop skills ? Do the photos look “over- photoshopped “? You see a lot of skin looking plastic or prying eyes ? A good rule to follow, and if you can not say that the pictures are Photoshopped , the photographer has excellent photoshopping skills . It’s like the makeup – the best makeup is the guy who does not look like you’re wearing any makeup at all.
Do you feel emotionally moved by the images of photographers ? Do they stop looking ? Gasp ? Do you feel a connection with the images ? This is the most important aspect of choosing a wedding photographer. You can spend all the money in the world in the most famous photographer , but if you do not feel a connection with their images , most likely do not love your wedding photos .
4. See Availabilities : After you have narrowed the list , email or call your best 5 or more photographers . Check that each photographer is available on the wedding date , and get a quote or estimate. Emailing or calling each photographer also give you a little insight into his personality. More on this later .
5. Request a Consultation : Your list should be reduced to 2-3 photographers . Ask to meet each photographer – or at least ask for a telephone consultation . Talk to your photographer in person or by phone will also give an idea of his personality. Are they easy to get along with ? Do you feel good about them ? Photographer will be a big part of your wedding day and it is important that you feel comfortable with them. Some questions to ask :
- What is included in the package wedding photography ?
- When I can expect to receive my photos ?
- You can see a copy of your contract ?
- Are you licensed ?
- Does it provide a second shooter ?
Note : Make sure the photographer you hire is the same as going to shoot your wedding. Some photographers send their assistant or hire another photographer to shoot their weddings. Make sure you know who is actually photographing your wedding and ask to see their portfolio.
6. Make Your Final Decision: Once you’ve talked to every photographer , now armed with all kinds of information to choose your wedding photographer. Remember , money comes and goes, but you can not redo your wedding day.